Friday, September 02, 2005

Parallelism: Two Crescent Cities

Earlier last Thursday I left Crescent City CA. This area is home to Redwood forests and is also known as the Emerald Coast. I hitched and hiked my way through the Smith River and Minema National Forests.

I was picked up by a gentleman outside of Newell in the hills. This town was site of the Japanese internment camps during WWII. He was travelling to the Burning Man Festival in Nevada.

We arrived in Alturas on Sunday, the day before Katrina hit New Orleans and the other Emerald Coast. I have lived in Chipley FL. I believe they have been hit by several hurricanes since 1996.

The contrast may seem crypto. One should research de-individuation to help comprehend crowd dynamics in the wake of the lack of control in the Crescent City.

technochrati tags:


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home